At McKellars your health is the top priority. We pride ourselves on ensuring that staff that carry out ear piercing have been fully trained and tested for their knowledge and practical skills in piercing. Having offered this specialist service for many years, we take delight in making this big event special for each client.
If you are thinking of having your ears pierced, it is vital to be assured that those carrying out the piercing take every precaution to ensure that the risk of infection is minimised.
At Mckellars, We use the Studex System 75 instrument for ear piercing. The Studex Ear Piercing System 75 is approved by the Environmental Health Association for use in piercing the lobe. Earrings are loaded into a disposable, single use cartridge meaning the instrument does not come into contact with your skin at any point. All earrings are pre- sterilised for hygienic and effective piercing. Each instrument is controlled by hand pressure, so there’s no surprises!
Please note, We will not pierce children less than 6 years of age and any person under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who must also sign to give their consent. If the client is under the care of the doctor for diabetes, epilepsy or blood thinning medication a letter from the doctor must be presented before we can carry out piercing.
Ear piercing is free of charge here at Mckellars, with the purchase of your Studex earrings. We have a selection of earrings to choose from, including Titanium, Stainless steel, Gold plate and 9ct Gold.
Prices range from £17.95-£28.95, this includes your choice of earrings, an aftercare leaflet, and aftercare solution.
1. On selecting your chosen Studex store for piercing, your qualified Technician will start with the customer consultation form to take you through the processes, suitability for piercing and importantly how to look after your piercing.
2. Next, your piercer will ensure that you are comfortable and that the piercing area is cleaned again and the equipment laid out before the Technician washes their hands and puts hygienic gloves on before physically checking the piercing site.
3. Once checked, your piercer will discuss where you would like your piercing and take time to mark the area and ensure that you are 100% happy with the location. It is really important that you take the time to really check and make sure that you are totally satisfied with where the dots are as this will be where your beautiful new jewellery will be accurately pierced.
4. On approval, the Technician will load the jewellery into the instrument without touching it and perform a quick, comfortable piercing. And that’s it! All done!
5. Your Technician will offer you a bottle of the highly recommended After Piercing solution and may apply some after the piercing to take away some of the hot sensation sometimes experienced.
6. Then all that’s left, is for you to admire your beautiful new piercing and then look after it as per the guidelines on your aftercare form.